Wednesday 12 November 2008

The Year of Creativity (So Far)

This is going to seem like I jumped on the band wagon after the fact but that's just not true! I was an avid follower of a blog titled hermitguide, it wasn't about anything in particular but was always an interesting read. The author (Graham Nunn, who has been seen on more than one occasion lingering about these pages) would muse about mugging old ladies (no not really, it was a joke, he did not actually go out and do this!) and gave the world the excel dance all this whilst he was writing a three-times-a-week web comic ('doormat picnic').

I think that this was too ridged and didn't really take advantage of what it is he can do with photoshop (it's like paper and an infinitely big set of crayons). So 43 days ago, he launched 'Once Around the Sun', with the massively ambitious plan of posting one creative 'thing' a day for an entire year!

His efforts range from the comic to the serious, he sometimes sticks to common themes, sometimes topical or sometimes utterly random. We have the photo-realistic, we have the artistic and we also have the outright surreal, and everything in between! It's a great blog, which I hope you take the time to check out, believe me, it'll be worth it.

Bookmark it, take some time to go through the previous entries and then perch your self on the edge of your seat as you see what happens next...

4 comments:

Sofi said...

I concur!

I heart Graham and his blog. He is a genius!

*graham's virtual cheerleading supervisor*

Kia Abdullah said...

My faves are 35, 18, 14 and 5.

Graham said...

Josh you are far too kind. I greatly appreciate your support and apologise in advance for the day when I completely run out of ideas, forcing you to write a hasty retraction. This will probably be next week sometime, so be prepared.

Sofi, Kia - thank you.

Zany said...

I really like #44.