Friday 28 March 2008

Commitment

Almost 2 months ago, I did something completely uncharacteristic, I committed. After a lot of thought, weighing up the pros and cons and getting opinions from the people around me, I came to the conclusion that it was going to be my choice and mine alone. If I was going to do it, I would just have to go for it, jump in with both feet. So I did it, the very next morning I bought an annual travel card!

Why mention it now? Well I realised the other day that I didn't really grasp what an annual travel card was (yes I know a year is 12 months is 365.26 days is about 8760 hours is 525600 minutes is 31536000 seconds etc etc). It dawned on me when I stepped on a bus and pressed the oyster on the reader and the expiry date flashed up. I didn't get all of it but I saw “2009”, I hate to say it but that stopped me in my tracks!

I gave this a bit of thought, now I don't have to worry about the card expiring on a weekend or having to queue up on a Monday morning to renew, I made the right choice. I guess sometimes you just need to jump in with both feet! By the way, anyone that thinks this isn't a big deal...... 2009!

What next? I'm not sure but I think I should pick something and stick with it....maybe a large jar of marmite, that stuff out lasts religions!

No comments: