Wednesday 25 June 2008

Ear In My Car


The vast majority of people who know me will tell you I'm not really into cars, I don't have a license, I don't enjoy going to motor shows (though that depends, as always, on the company) and I can't state the make and model by looking at a car. Every now and then, however, I get an invite to a 'petrol head' type event and, if I have the evening free, I'll go.

The concept of this evening was a simple one; take a number of super cars (all of which should have really loud engines), wait for the sun to go down, take said super cars through as many tunnels as you can find. This has the effect of amplifying the sound to an awesome level, almost deafening, it's quite an experience!

I haven't had a chance to processes the pictures yet but you get the idea. I'd recommend driving through London in a convoy of super cars as the looks you see on the faces of the general public can't be put into words but more so because I believe London really shines at night. The buildings are all lit up and the best way to see it (assuming you're not walking) is from the passenger seat of a car, turning a deaf ear and blind eye to the fact that you've probably burned enough fuel in one evening to fly yourself to Spain and back.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, this looks crazy! I've never seen that in London - good sightseeing op though. I miss you Big Ben!

Josh said...

Thanks, nice picture by the way. This is a nice way to see the sights but to be honest, I'm much more of an ambler. It was a great experience, as I say, when the sun goes down, London lights up pretty well.

Kia Abdullah said...

Oh, where do I start?

Josh said...

Take your pick, I have no intention of defending any of it...