Saturday 21 June 2008

High Maintenance Lunch

Yesterday was a day of pleasant surprises. I tried a Vietnamese place that opened near the office a few months ago, the noodle soup looked great so I got one to take-away. I don't usually have noddle soup as it's too hot, burns the roof of my mouth and I always make a mess! Back in the office, I have a look at the contents of the bag and find: a 32Oz cup with superheated stock (tastes great), vegetables in a separate container, a bag containing lime, coriander, mint leafs and fresh chilli, meatballs and noodles.

Page 164 of the instruction booklet told me to put the meatballs and noodles in first, then the veg and finally a generous squeeze of lime followed but the mint and coriander. I went a bit off course and put some of the included chilli in. Finally, everything was ready for the eating. The results were to be expected, the first spoonful burned the roof of my mouth, the noodles made a complete mess; that being said, it was really good noodle soup and I would go there again, though next time, I think I'll eat in.

In other news I found out that pixes use parcel force! While this is a great endorsement of parcel force, I'm much happier now that they have sent me a new pair of earphones. I met a nice couple from Eritrea (a country I didn't even know existed) on the way home last night, it was late and it was their first time in London and just needed a point in the right direction. It was late and I hope they got to Northalt (I left them on the right branch of the central line, westbound).

Although I'm enjoying sticking my head out of the window and taking in the newfound sounds of the underground I'm glad to have music back though I'm thinking of switching to headphones so I can actually hear some other things and people don't think I'm outright ignoring them.

2 comments:

Ariane said...

Joshua, every time I read this blog, you are talking about noodles/Thai/Vietnamese food!

(I exaggerate. You also talk about cycling, films and a variety of other subjects, all of which are very entertaining.)

Anyhow, I'm glad you've got your earphones back!

Josh said...

Thank you Ariane, that's very encouraging!

I am glad you find it entertaining as I never know how my irrelevant thoughts are going to be received =)