Saturday 10 May 2008

Abba but no Cheese

A bit of a mixed day today, partly because the office jukebox was playing a random mix that is more random then the usual random mix it plays, this is to be expected given the randomness of random music we have in our rather random collection.

For lunch, we paid homage to the Thai man once again but this time he had no red, green or yellow curry left, he only had pad Thai. In the last nine months, he has never had any pad Thai after 1130 and we were there at half one! An awesome experience, I don't think there are enough dishes out there that have both chicken and egg in them (an opportunity to go though two generations in the same meal) more I say.

With all this good fortune, something bad was bound to be looming in the distance. I love Montgomery Cheddar, it's probably the apogee of Cheddar production, I can't imagine how Cheddar could possibly get any better. The problem is that not many places stock it and if I by online, I have to order over half a kilo, as much as I love the stuff, I can not make use of over half a kilo of cheese, just think about how many nightmares that would give me.

So, as it happens, the one place near work that sells it has run out! They tell me that there is a shortage and it'll be a while until they can get some more in. I know, there's no use crying over spilled cheese but this is really good! Good French and Swiss cheese are great but you can slice up some Montgomery, place it on some toast and grill it (no doubt Lloyd Grossman would object to using cheese in this way but I don't care), it's pure bliss.

Bring back the cheese, that is all I ask.

17 comments:

anonemouse said...

great post josh!
so, it seems the great chicken-and-egg debate has finally been resolved by a plate of pad thai...
who would have guessed it?

Josh said...

Thanks!

Now that th ol' chick'n'egg debate is over, should we start focusing our efforts on the greater mysteries of this world?

Ariane said...

What a shame about the cheese! Ah well. I'm sure it'll return. If not, you can just eat my boyfriend's feet...

By the way, I directed my comment about the 'drawer' at ER, not you. But maybe I should have kept it in my head.

Josh said...

No, you should never keep things in your head and I for one would never begrudge you for it. Saying that.... ewe!

anonemouse said...

dunno josh, there may some things ariane might be best advised to keep in her head, altho', one assumes and fervently hopes, she doesn't keep her chap's cheesy toes tucked away in her cheek for a spot of ruminatin' on 'baccy style, whenever she feels the urge for a bit of foot fromage...

Josh said...

ER, I love your writing style but did I not essentially say the same thing with 'ewe'?

anonemouse said...

OK, yes, you did...
i'll shut up then.
ta ta

anonemouse said...

just thought you were talking about sheep, that's all... ;-)

anonemouse said...

but, of course, that would have been 'Saying that... Baa!' no?

Josh said...

Yes I did think some one was bound to make a sheep connection so I did indeed refrain from saying 'baa', well spotted!

I'm going to stick to my original assertion of “think something, say it!”

Kia Abdullah said...

I would spell it 'eugh'. But I'm gonna, er, keep that in my head.

Josh said...

How about eewe?

anonemouse said...

isn't that a sheep with broadband?

Josh said...

ER, fantastic! I didn't thing of that.

Ariane said...

I would say "ewwww!" (And often do, when the feet come near.) But how you spell it is entirely up to ewe.

Josh said...

Ariane, I camembert the puns, you are edam good at what you do and you stilton manage to keep things fresh an witty. I ask myself, what did I do for humor beaufort you!

Josh said...

Oh, is it too late to throw in 'edam gouda'?