Friday 23 May 2008

The Calming Scent of Vanilla

For weeks I've been walking around, going to work and just generally getting on with my life but with one, very subtle, difference. I've had a light smell of vanilla following me around. It's barely noticeable but it seems to make a huge difference. I think it's the reaction I have to vanilla more then anything else, it just calms and centers me so I'd say it's had a positive influence in my life.

It started when I bought a new watch (the old one coming to a slightly disastrous end), it seemed like a normal enough thing to do, that is, go into a shop, find one I like and buy it. It was after that, I started noticing this light smell every time I'd answerer the phone (for a while I just assumed it was the latest perfume and every one was wearing it) and it would have a effect of centering me just before I said “Hello”.

It was starting to become harder and harder to ignore, it was every ware! Once in the office, I raised my hand to my head in a “good God this task isn't going anywhere” type way when I realised that the smell was coming from my watch. Bizarre! It took me a bit of time using my favorite search engine to find that this is intentional. The watch manufactures impregnate the watch strap with a subtle vanilla sent, what a fantastic feature, I can't believe they don't advertise this fact.

With yet another mystery solved, when a crowded tube, jammed into a corner or pressed up against the door, I just raise my hand to my head in a nonchalant manner (I'm not going to be the freak to sniffs his wrist), take a deep breath and smile.....

5 comments:

Ariane said...

Another Mother of Invention! Is this true? If so, it's very cool indeed (I was just thinking this morning how much I love the sweet smell of vanilla).

Josh said...

Yes it's all true! I love the smell of vanilla in the morning (I think that's from apocalypse now)

anonemouse said...

hmmm, 'smells like... victory' eh?
however, now that you are better known as (paper) kurtz, perhaps you should be lying, bleeding (from the nose cut) in a dark, candle-lit room, with your hand held over your face, muttering 'the hour! the hour!'?

Josh said...

You may be right, maybe all I had to do to stem the annoyance of the paper cut was to inhale deeply......

Anonymous said...

This design is stellar! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your clips, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
almost...HaHa!) Great job.

To be continued on my website Golf How To Chip