Thursday 3 April 2008

Blinking Romance

I was flicking though the channels, waiting for some friends to come over before heading out to dinner today and True Romance was on. It's been a while since I last saw it but I think it's a brilliant film. I remember watching it as a 13 year old for the first time and thinking how romantic it was that a guy would kill his girlfriend's pimp. No I didn't have a depraved childhood, look past the violence, it's quite a romantic thing to do.

Anyway, I was only able to see the first half an hour of it but I started noticing something I've never notice before. I think Clarence, the main character, suffers from schizophrenia which would put a slightly different twist on the whole movie. I'm going to have to get it on DVD and watch it again.

Just before we left, 5 news came on with (I had to google this as I usually switch off at this point) Asha Tanna. Yes she's quite attractive, but that's not important right now. Watch the first ten seconds of that clip, she blinks 9 times! It's not annoying so much as it's distracting/hypnotic, you just can't look away, she can't stop blinking!

No comments: