Tuesday 22 April 2008

Remote Madness

I enjoy a good riddle, I like thinking, I find it keeps me ticking over and I love problem solving! Every now and then I'm faced with something that just leaves me scratching my head without even a hint as to where to begin. Usually this slowly drives me insane until someone points out the obvious and puts my mind at ease (after a few hours of kicking myself.)

So, here it is, I live alone, I have no maid (as is evident by the state of my flat), the flat is fairly small. I leave for work in the morning and come back in the evening and in-between, I can be quite sure that no one has been in. So how on Earth am I able to lose a remote control? This, to me, seems almost impossible. I put it down somewhere and it really should be there when I look for it.

Thankfully, the remote isn't for a 'major' appliance, it's for the small iPod dock I have sitting in the corner, I rarely ever use it but now I'm thinking if I did, I would have to get up and select the next track like a cave man! I guess I just shouldn't let it bother me but it does, I can't stop wondering where it could have got to.

Anyway, for now, I'm just going to carry on as usual and hope the pixies that hide things choose not to torture me anymore. Although the more likely scenario is that I slowly let this consume me until a friend pops by and asks “Why do you have a remote in your fridge?”

Let's see how this pans out.

5 comments:

Hattie said...

If a friend does solve the mystery of the remote control, could you ask them where my sock is?

Josh said...

Ah the ever elusive leopard print socks! I've just had a look and I can confirm that neither remote or sock are in my fridge.

anonemouse said...

so the fridge is out then...

my theory is that the remotes are aloof and stand-offish creatures that, given our propensity for randomly mashing away at their buttons when all they want from life is to lie there unmolested in the flickering glimmer of cathode dusk, are forced to resort to diving deep into the recesses betwixt sofa arm and seat cushions in the, vain, hope of letting their batteries slowly run out and their circuitry whither as they grow old and, eventually, obsolete...

yours might have made a break for freedom josh, and you may just simply never see it again...

as for hattie's sock, that's a different story entirely...

Josh said...

ER, you are either a genius or you're psychic, there it is quivering away between the armrest and seat!

Does anyone still use cathodes nowadays?

Ron Frankoi said...

If a friend does solve the mystery of the remote control, could you ask them where my sock is?