Thursday 17 April 2008

Celebrity Endorsed Fragrance

Usher, David Beckham, Vicoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dion, Sarah Jessica Parker and at this point I could not be bothered to think of any more so I jumped on to wikipedia, the entire collection of all human knowledge. The list isn't small!

So, what's all this about, is this the fragrance that the celebrity wares or is it that the celebrity smells like that fragrance? I guess this is one of thous things about modern living that I just don't get! What can I say, it's been a long day and it's not yet over, I guess the last thing I expect is to be inundated with adverts assaulting the senses as much as the product they are pushing!

Just a small gripe today, I'll aim higher tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Ariane said...

It's a fragrance the celebrity (meaning the perfume company paying the celebrity) has concocted to generate sales from fans and those susceptible to the lure of the well-known. I'm betting the celebrities had zero input into the smell itself.

But then, I'm a cynic (but my heart's not in it).

Josh said...

The whole thing is just frightfully annoying...... but I do remember (it may have been a joke, I'm not sure) that Rodney King once endorsed headache pills, although not very PC, at least it was relevant.